HistoryWorks Ltd was established in 2004 by several of Aotearoa/New Zealand’s leading specialists in historical research.
Collectively the HistoryWorks Directors offer more than 50 years’ professional experience in the Treaty of Waitangi claims process. We have produced dozens of research reports for clients. We have presented evidence to the Waitangi Tribunal throughout Aoteaora/New Zealand many times and have a proven track record in delivering quality-assured research products to a wide range of Māori, heritage sector and other clients.
What We Offer
The HistoryWorks Directors offer clients:
- A proven record of many years’ experience in working successfully with claimant groups and other clients throughout the country to prepare and provide quality research products.
- Expertise in research planning, scoping, report writing, quality assurance and project supervision and management.
- Access to a wide range of expertise within the legal, Māori and academic communities.
- A values-based approach to our work, including commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and to processes associated with the resolution and settlement of Treaty-based grievances.
- Professionalism, integrity, proven quality output and a strong commitment to delivering quality products to our clients.
- An inclusive approach to consulting with our clients to deliver quality services.
Who we are
Māori communities are presented with a complex range of issues and options in dealing with their Treaty of Waitangi claims. One thing is clear in this challenging and constantly changing environment: all historical claims require a professional approach to the preparation and presentation of claims. Timely and high-quality research expertise is an essential component of any successful claim strategy.
To find out more about our Directors, or to learn about other personnel who may be available through HistoryWorks Ltd, please contact us.